NOTE: Since nobody added a template and I can't find where they are, I'll just freestyle this. The underlines mean something that ought to have a page, but don't.
The Vegetable Complex is a Hotbed that becomes available at Level 44.
Cost: Available in the market for $200,000 coins.
Sale price: $20,000.
Capacity: Contains 8 Garden Beds in the space required for 6, so it will use 25% less space than two Large Hotbeds.
Plant: Anything you can grow in a greenhouse except trees (apple, cherry, pears), with no level restriction.
Acceleration? None—same as standard growing time (unlike a Hothouse, which cuts growing time by 50%)
Yield Capacity Boost? None—same as standard growing time (again, unlike the Hothouse, which doubles production).
Coins to plant crop: None. You don't buy seeds—you plant 1 harvested plant from your storage.
Energy to plant crop: 1 lightning bolt for 8 beds.
Tending: None required—no seeding, no harvesting, no tilling. They work like any of the production buildings, with the following requirements for every crop
|1 plant from storage||1 lightning bolt||8 plants||normal|
Capacity: Like the factories, you can produce three crops before you have to empty them
Why buy this?
If the benefits haven't occurred to you as you read this, I'll spell them out:
1. Less space needed: They save space as things begin to get cramped in your home station. If you have been using Large Hotbeds to do all your planting (the best hotbed you could buy without spending Emeralds, until this became available), you'd need 6 of those units to give you 24 Garden Beds.
You can getr the same production from 3 Vegetable Complexes, but in the space needed for only 18 Garden Beds.
2. Ability to grow advanced plants: This gives level 44 players a chance to grow plants they currently can't grow:
- Lettuce (can't buy seeds until level 46, unless you use emerals to unlockl it)
- Watermelon (level 52)
- Rice (level 55)
- Sunflowers (level 60)
Should a quest or a temporary land reward you with a plant higher than your level (or a neighbor gives you one), the vegetable complex will let you grow them.
3. Cost savings: Vegetable complexes pay for themself by saving you the cost of seed. You probably haven't noticed it, but that's why you can't save money.
Let's pick an example with a convenient price. Seed for a Sweet Pepper costs $200 per garden bed. Once you spend your $200,000 for a Vegetable Complex, you make your cost back after you produce 1,000 plants.
- That sounds like a long time; it really isn't. Let's say you're a level 44 (who has 25 energy) and you use Large Hotbeds (4 garden beds per unit) to do your growing. You get the quest that requires you to grow 100 peppers.
- If you burn all 25 energy planting sweet peppers in large hotbeds, you spend $20,0000 on seed:
- 25 large hotbeds, multiplied by
- 4 beds per unit (100 beds total)
- .$200 per bed (100 beds @ $200 = $20,000)
- The Vegetable Complex will pay for itself after 10 of those plantings. Takes longer if you plant Strawberries ($55 per bed) and less time if you plant Pineapples ($680).
- Also, if you sell two Large Hotbeds for each Vegetable Complex you buy (they produce the same number of crops) you'll get $5,000 back.
4. Energy savings: Again, assuming you've been using Large Hotbeds (one energy to produce 4 plants) , this means a 50% reduction.
5. Capacity increase: SInce the Vegetable Comples produces 24 plants (3 crops of 8 plants) without any intervention, you can harvest while you're away.